CodeGreen App Lets Building Owners Access Energy Star Scores
CodeGreen Solutions launched a free mobile app that helps building owners view EnergyStar information on Android smartphones.
New Energy Star disclosure requirements in cities such as New York, Seattle, San Francisco, and Austin have increased the importance of having higher scores.
The CodeGreen tool enables search and comparison for thousands of buildings throughout the country and makes energy information accessible for all levels of users – from an interested tenant, broker, building manager or building engineer.
CodeGreen is an EPA Energy Star Partner and has reviewed the energy use of over 150 million square feet of buildings throughout the country. This large data set enabled CodeGreen to develop proprietary algorithms to better compare energy use for similar type buildings. The data allows a building owner or tenant to use the mobile app to compare how two similar built and occupied buildings use energy.
In addition to giving Energy Star scores context by adjusting average comparison groups by size, age, and building types, the CodeGreen Energy App offers other features that will allow users to:
- See whether or not their building is compliant with new energy efficiency laws
- Send updates on their building’s energy efficiency for verification
- Understand new energy efficiency laws and see when their buildings are due to comply
- Share building performance stats on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash