Cofely Integrates Facilities, Energy Management for Civic Operations Center
Cofely has been awarded a 25-year contract to provide facilities management services for the new Civic Operations Center in Saskatoon, Canada.
The $160 million public-private partnership contract was awarded by the Saskatoon City Council to Integrated Team Solutions (ITS). Cofely will be the facilities management lead, and other companies within ITS will design, build and finance the project.
Cofely has been involved with this initiative from the earliest stages, advising the design-build team and the city on issues that will impact the ongoing facilities management, including design and infrastructure resilience, product selection, energy usage and operational efficiencies. Cofely will provide maintenance, refurbishment and renewal services maintaining prescribed performance specifications throughout the 25-year operational term.
The Civic Operations Centre is situated on a 180-acre site. The initiative, involving the relocation of the city’s Transit Maintenance Facility and Snow Management Facility, is the first phase of a wider plan to collocate several key civic operations and services to this site. Construction is expected to start in Spring 2015 and is due to be completed by late 2016 with the Snow Management Facility operational by January 2017.
Cofely says the project will demonstrate how it can integrate facility management, energy management and project services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management