Cofely Wins CHP Contract for Tallest Building in Western Europe
Cofely has been awarded a five-year contract to deliver technical services and manage a 1.5 MW combined heat and power plant at the tallest building in Western Europe.
The Shard, inaugurated in July, is the newest landmark addition to London’s skyline standing at 310 meters high (1,016 feet) and is at the heart of London Bridge Quarter, a new 2-million-square-foot commercial district on London’s Southbank.
The 95-story skyscraper, which houses retail, offices, restaurants, a five-star hotel, residences and viewing galleries, has been awarded an “Excellent” rating under the BREEAM green building certification.
Cofely will optimize the Shard’s CHP plant performance, and will evaluate energy use throughout the London Bridge Quarter Development, according to the Cofely. In addition to day-to-day maintenance, Cofely will work with LBQ Estate Management and tenants to implement energy-efficiency initiatives and maintain the building’s low-carbon footprint.
According to Cofely UK CEO Colin Hale, the company also maintains the world’s tallest building in the Burj Khalifa in Dubai and the iconic 30 St. Mary’s Axe — better known as the Gherkin — in London.
Last week, Cofely won a 25-year contract to operate the Coventry City Council’s heat network, Heatline, buying heat from a waste-to-energy plant and transporting it via a 6.6 km network of underground pipes to customers.
The energy will then be sold back to the City Council and other customers at a competitive rate, the company says.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity