Cogeco Data Services Deploys Schneider Electric Modular Cooling
Schneider Electric completed installation of its EcoBreeze modular, indirect evaporative cooling systems at a new colocation and cloud services facility in Barrie, Canada, operated by Cogeco Data Services.
Formally starting operations this week, the new 10 MW facility will eventually feature a total of 16 EcoBreeze units as it expands. Schneider Electric’s EcoBreeze will enable Cogeco Data Services to meet stringent energy efficiency goals.
Ehvert Mission Critical was the partner selected by Cogeco to construct the new data center. The limited space on the property presented the challenge of adapting the EcoBreeze system to a roof-based configuration. Ehvert designed and constructed a series of dedicated structural frames to support the modular systems above the building.
Schneider Electric’s EcoBreeze units can automatically switch between two economizer options, air-to-air and indirect evaporative heat exchange, depending on the variability of outside ambient air temperature. This helps energy efficiency by optimizing the total number of hours available for full or partial free cooling. The units are installed outside of the data center, on the roof of the facility, taking up zero whitespace and enabling easy expansion and serviceability.
The new Cogeco Data Services facility is also utilizing the following Schneider Electric data center solutions:
- Schneider Electric’s touch safe, modular power distribution architecture, which enables moves, add-ons and changes without having to shut down panel boards;
- Schneider Electric’s Symmetra 1.6 MW uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, which help provide energy efficient, modular, scalable, three-phase power protection for Cogeco Data Services’ mission-critical environment;
- StruxureWare data center infrastructure management software (DCIM), which provides an instant overview of data center operations through inventory management, a PUE calculator, real-time device alarms, and location-based drill-down.
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity