Colorado Gets More Community Solar
Community solar developer Clean Energy Collective (CEC) recently began construction on two new community-owned solar facilities in Golden, Colo., making available 684 kW of energy to Xcel Energy customers. Once the facilities are complete, Xcel will provide more community solar capacity than any utility in the country.
Part of Xcel Energy’s Solar Rewards Communities program, the 569 kW and 115 kW PV systems are being developed on a 4-acre site in Golden, bringing to seven the number of CEC community solar facilities serving Xcel Energy customers on the Front Range.
Through CEC’s model, any Xcel Energy ratepayer in Jefferson County will be able to purchase individual panels in the shared arrays, from one kilowatt up to enough panels to off-set 120 percent of their electric usage. Community solar customers receive rebates and incentives just like on-site systems, and receive credit for the energy produced directly on their monthly utility bills, as if the PV system were located on a home or business.
Construction is due to be complete this summer, and panel owners will see a credit on their utility bill as soon as the array goes online. After available rebates and tax incentives, the price per watt will be $3.70.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management