Comcast Getting Into the Electricity Business?
Cable and Internet provider Comcast is exploring the possibility of selling electricity in Pennsylvania, reports Greentech Media.
Robert Powelson, chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, said that Comcast is working with a retail electricity supplier and could possibly roll out an electricity offer in the fourth quarter of this year. Philly.com later learned the retail supplier is NRG Energy of Princeton, NJ.
Greentech Media points out that Pennsylvania is courting retail electricity companies. To that end, Senate Bill 1121 has been introduced in the state legislature to require customers to choose an electricity supplier rather than being defaulted to the incumbent provider.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management