Comcast Getting Into the Electricity Business?
Cable and Internet provider Comcast is exploring the possibility of selling electricity in Pennsylvania, reports Greentech Media.
Robert Powelson, chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, said that Comcast is working with a retail electricity supplier and could possibly roll out an electricity offer in the fourth quarter of this year. Philly.com later learned the retail supplier is NRG Energy of Princeton, NJ.
Greentech Media points out that Pennsylvania is courting retail electricity companies. To that end, Senate Bill 1121 has been introduced in the state legislature to require customers to choose an electricity supplier rather than being defaulted to the incumbent provider.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management