Comcast Getting Into the Electricity Business?
Cable and Internet provider Comcast is exploring the possibility of selling electricity in Pennsylvania, reports Greentech Media.
Robert Powelson, chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, said that Comcast is working with a retail electricity supplier and could possibly roll out an electricity offer in the fourth quarter of this year. Philly.com later learned the retail supplier is NRG Energy of Princeton, NJ.
Greentech Media points out that Pennsylvania is courting retail electricity companies. To that end, Senate Bill 1121 has been introduced in the state legislature to require customers to choose an electricity supplier rather than being defaulted to the incumbent provider.
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex