Comcast Getting Into the Electricity Business?
Cable and Internet provider Comcast is exploring the possibility of selling electricity in Pennsylvania, reports Greentech Media.
Robert Powelson, chairman of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, said that Comcast is working with a retail electricity supplier and could possibly roll out an electricity offer in the fourth quarter of this year. Philly.com later learned the retail supplier is NRG Energy of Princeton, NJ.
Greentech Media points out that Pennsylvania is courting retail electricity companies. To that end, Senate Bill 1121 has been introduced in the state legislature to require customers to choose an electricity supplier rather than being defaulted to the incumbent provider.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software