ComEd Awards $186,750 Rebate to Building Owner
MB Real Estate received a $186,750 rebate check from ComEd for its participation in the utility’s Smart Ideas Building Performance with Energy Star Commercial Real Estate program.
MB Real Estate’s management and engineering teams at its 181 W. Madison property, a 50-story building, recently completed a chiller replacement. The project involved replacing an existing 23-year old 1,100-ton chiller with a new energy efficient 1,350 ton chiller. The new chiller will result in a decrease of more than 200,000 kWh per year, or roughly an annual savings of $20,000 with another $7,000 in savings due to a reduction in the maintenance contract.
Additionally, the rebate from ComEd has reduced the overall cost of the project by 21 percent.
The program provided by ComEd is designed to help multi-tenant office buildings become more energy efficient and overcome the barriers often preventing owners and tenants from investing in energy efficiency. The program offers technical assistance to commercial building owners and tenants to take advantage of available incentives.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management