ComEd Awards $186,750 Rebate to Building Owner
MB Real Estate received a $186,750 rebate check from ComEd for its participation in the utility’s Smart Ideas Building Performance with Energy Star Commercial Real Estate program.
MB Real Estate’s management and engineering teams at its 181 W. Madison property, a 50-story building, recently completed a chiller replacement. The project involved replacing an existing 23-year old 1,100-ton chiller with a new energy efficient 1,350 ton chiller. The new chiller will result in a decrease of more than 200,000 kWh per year, or roughly an annual savings of $20,000 with another $7,000 in savings due to a reduction in the maintenance contract.
Additionally, the rebate from ComEd has reduced the overall cost of the project by 21 percent.
The program provided by ComEd is designed to help multi-tenant office buildings become more energy efficient and overcome the barriers often preventing owners and tenants from investing in energy efficiency. The program offers technical assistance to commercial building owners and tenants to take advantage of available incentives.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity