ComEd Reaching Out to Affordable Housing Residents in Chicago
ComEd is partnering with the Hispanic Housing Development Corp., Latin United Community Housing (LUCHA), The Resurrection Project and others for outreach into the affordable housing community in Chicago. The goal of the program, which is mostly aimed at Latino neighborhoods, is to increase participation in energy efficiency programs.
The story at Midwest Energy News says that the projects use approaches such as on-site workshops and door-to-door campaigns. ComEd offers free home energy assessments, rebates for efficient appliances, discounts on compact fluorescent lights and LEDs. Despite the offers, participation has remained low, according to the story. The goal is to actively engage with the community to inform residents of the advantages and boost participation.
The Archdiocese of Chicago is very active pursuing energy efficiency strategies for the many facilities it manages.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future