CommScope Acquires LED Lighting Systems Company
CommScope has acquired Redwood Systems, a provider of LED lighting and integrated sensor networks for data centers and buildings.
CommScope funded the acquisition from cash on hand and funds available under its revolving credit facility. Other terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Redwood Systems, a privately-held company with offices in the US and UK, developed a smart building platform that powers and controls LED lights with a high-density sensor grid. This platform provides energy savings that typically average a 75 percent improvement over traditional fluorescent lighting systems for office buildings and a 90 percent improvement for data centers, according to the company.
Redwood Systems’ smart building platform also monitors energy usage, room occupancy, motion detection, temperature and environmentals, giving a clearer view of how building space is being utilized. This data is stored and available for graphical review, detailed analysis, or use by building management systems.
The Redwood platform also uses techniques such as “follow-me lighting” and daylight harvesting to further reduce energy consumption. The patented networking technology uses a low-voltage direct current, or DC, architecture.
The acquisition is intended to strengthen CommScope’s position in automated infrastructure management. The Redwood Systems platform can be deployed over CommScope’s existing cabling infrastructure to help customers improve energy efficiency and gain insight on building usage from the sensor network.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management