CompareMIGas Site Draws 31,000 Visitors in First Year
The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) and the Michigan Agency for Energy (MAE) announced on October 6 that more than 31,000 customers have used the CompareMIGas website in the year since its launch to help them make informed decisions when choosing a natural gas provider.
The website, first posted in October 2015, provides clarity on prices currently charged by alternative gas suppliers that are actively marketing or enrolling customers in Michigan, as well as the basic terms and conditions of their offers. It also includes information about charges by major utilities.
Michigan is a natural gas choice state. That means residential and commercial customers can source their gas from incumbent suppliers – the four regulated gas utilities that sell gas in their service areas – or from smaller alternative gas suppliers., Either way, he major utilities – Michigan Gas Utilities (MGU), Consumers’ Energy, DTE Gas, and SEMCO Energy Gas – will continue to deliver natural gas to customers.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings