Computer Energy Management Leverages Artificial Intelligence
Verismic’s new Power Manager 4.0 – PC power management software – can intelligently learn individuals’ working behavior and personalize PC power management settings accordingly.
The software’s Application Programming Interface (API) integrates Verismic Power Manager with building control systems managing the powering on and powering off of PCs when users enter or leave buildings, further reducing power consumption.
A Verismic survey of public and private sector professionals found that 24 percent of employees take no measures to reduce energy usage at their workplaces. Verismic has designed its software to make employee energy savings automated, near invisible and with no impact on the employees’ working day.
Other new features include DynamicBrightness, which reduces screen brightness during the working day to ease eyestrain and aid sleeping patterns of staff.
For IT managers, Verismic Power Manager offers a new administrative interface and real-time calculation of cost-savings, scalable up to 100,000 seats. Verismic Power Manager 4.0 is compatible with Windows notebook and desktop PCs, Windows Server 2012 and Mac OS.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing