Comverge, Constellation Merge Commercial Demand Response Businesses to Form New Company
Comverge and Constellation are combining their demand response businesses serving commercial and industrial customers. The combined business will be operated as a new standalone company independent from Comverge and Constellation and will focus on delivering a full spectrum of demand response offerings to C&I customers across the United States.
H.I.G. Capital will hold a majority ownership interest in the new company, and Constellation will retain a minority ownership interest.
After the close of the transaction, Constellation will continue to promote demand response services to its power and gas customers through the new company. This ongoing relationship will ensure that demand response products will remain a component within Constellation’s suite of retail products.
After the transaction, Comverge will focus exclusively on helping electric utilities deploy demand response, energy efficiency, and customer engagement programs targeting residential and small business customers.
More information about the new company will be available at closing, which is expected during the fourth quarter. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year