Con Edison Solutions Wins Army Contract
ConEdison Solutions (CES) has signed a $56 million contract with the U.S. Army Reserve’s 99th Regional Support Command (RSC) to provide energy efficiency services and operations and maintenance support at 90 sites in 11 states.
The Energy Department’s Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) was won by competitive bid restricted to a limited number of qualified, private-sector energy service providers. The program provides energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation services to federally owned buildings and facilities. The energy savings are intended to pay for the improvements.
Under the DOE awards, contractors design, construct and obtain financing for energy projects and facility upgrades. Then, over time, an agency pays for the improvements using funds that had been previously budgeted, and which would have otherwise been applied toward utility bills in the absence of an energy-reduction program.
The final design and construction for the project is underway and should be completed in 2015.
The military has embraced energy reduction programs in recent years.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management