Con Edison Solutions Wins Army Contract
ConEdison Solutions (CES) has signed a $56 million contract with the U.S. Army Reserve’s 99th Regional Support Command (RSC) to provide energy efficiency services and operations and maintenance support at 90 sites in 11 states.
The Energy Department’s Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) was won by competitive bid restricted to a limited number of qualified, private-sector energy service providers. The program provides energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation services to federally owned buildings and facilities. The energy savings are intended to pay for the improvements.
Under the DOE awards, contractors design, construct and obtain financing for energy projects and facility upgrades. Then, over time, an agency pays for the improvements using funds that had been previously budgeted, and which would have otherwise been applied toward utility bills in the absence of an energy-reduction program.
The final design and construction for the project is underway and should be completed in 2015.
The military has embraced energy reduction programs in recent years.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape