Con Edison Solutions Wins Army Contract
ConEdison Solutions (CES) has signed a $56 million contract with the U.S. Army Reserve’s 99th Regional Support Command (RSC) to provide energy efficiency services and operations and maintenance support at 90 sites in 11 states.
The Energy Department’s Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) was won by competitive bid restricted to a limited number of qualified, private-sector energy service providers. The program provides energy efficiency, renewable energy and water conservation services to federally owned buildings and facilities. The energy savings are intended to pay for the improvements.
Under the DOE awards, contractors design, construct and obtain financing for energy projects and facility upgrades. Then, over time, an agency pays for the improvements using funds that had been previously budgeted, and which would have otherwise been applied toward utility bills in the absence of an energy-reduction program.
The final design and construction for the project is underway and should be completed in 2015.
The military has embraced energy reduction programs in recent years.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement