Concord, CA Completes Solar, Energy Efficiency Program
The City of Concord, California and Chevron Energy Solutions have completed a solar and energy efficiency program expected to save taxpayers $18 million.
In all, the City of Concord’s program includes 14 projects that reduce energy and maintenance costs. Projects include upgrades to street and park lighting (See image), retrofitting the boiler and pump at the community pool, and replacing outdated air conditioners at City facilities. A 200 kW photovoltaic solar installation adjacent to the City’s community pool is expected to generate enough electricity to offset 70 percent of the pool’s energy demand and earn the City more than $450,000 in state and utility incentives.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book