Condensing Unit Improves Energy Efficiency 15 Percent
Emerson Climate Technologies’ new Copeland Scroll condensing unit FFAP Series delivers an improved energy efficiency rating of up to 15 percent when compared to standard reciprocating condensing units, according to the company.
The Copeland Scroll ZSKA refrigeration compressor (1.5 to 5 hp) is compatible with a variety of refrigerants, including R-404A, R-134a, R-407C, and R-22. It also has a wide operating range (from -30 F to 45 F evaporator temperature), which allows it to be used with applications ranging from floral shops to convenience stores to other retail establishments.
With the ability to be utilized with multiple refrigerants in multiple temperature applications, the FFAP Series condensing unit enables fewer SKUs to be stocked and serviced.
The FFAP Series condensing unit also features Emerson’s Electronic Unit Controller, to improve condensing unit reliability, service and diagnostics by utilizing a more advanced and precise electronic control system, instead of the traditional mechanical control.
“Within the past few years, industry standards and government regulations for higher energy efficiency have become more prevalent in the commercial refrigeration market,” said Jason Prenger, director, foodservice marketing, Emerson Climate Technologies. “The new Copeland Scroll condensing unit – FFAP Series was designed to address these energy efficiency guidelines.”
A bill – The American Energy Manufacturing Technical Corrections Act (H.R. 6582) – that would affect federal regulations on the manufacture of walk-in coolers, water heaters and other appliances is heading to the Senate.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management