Condensing Unit Improves Energy Efficiency 15 Percent
Emerson Climate Technologies’ new Copeland Scroll condensing unit FFAP Series delivers an improved energy efficiency rating of up to 15 percent when compared to standard reciprocating condensing units, according to the company.
The Copeland Scroll ZSKA refrigeration compressor (1.5 to 5 hp) is compatible with a variety of refrigerants, including R-404A, R-134a, R-407C, and R-22. It also has a wide operating range (from -30 F to 45 F evaporator temperature), which allows it to be used with applications ranging from floral shops to convenience stores to other retail establishments.
With the ability to be utilized with multiple refrigerants in multiple temperature applications, the FFAP Series condensing unit enables fewer SKUs to be stocked and serviced.
The FFAP Series condensing unit also features Emerson’s Electronic Unit Controller, to improve condensing unit reliability, service and diagnostics by utilizing a more advanced and precise electronic control system, instead of the traditional mechanical control.
“Within the past few years, industry standards and government regulations for higher energy efficiency have become more prevalent in the commercial refrigeration market,” said Jason Prenger, director, foodservice marketing, Emerson Climate Technologies. “The new Copeland Scroll condensing unit – FFAP Series was designed to address these energy efficiency guidelines.”
A bill – The American Energy Manufacturing Technical Corrections Act (H.R. 6582) – that would affect federal regulations on the manufacture of walk-in coolers, water heaters and other appliances is heading to the Senate.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software