ConEdison Solutions Helps Obtain 179D Benefits
Miami-Dade County received $1.135 million from ConEdison Solutions, resulting from the federal 179D allocation associated with improvements to the county’s downtown chilled water system, which serves 12 major facilities.
The increased energy efficiency of the chilled water system resulted in a 585,000 kWh annual electric savings.
The 179D tax benefit was established through the 2005 Energy Policy Act, which created a tax deduction of up to $1.80 a square-foot from qualifying building retrofits and new construction projects. Since government entities do not pay taxes, under the 179D Special Rule for Government-Owned Buildings, they may allocate the benefit to a tax-paying ‘Designer’ and receive savings in return for the allocation. In this case, ConEdison Solutions served as the County’s partner in achieving this tax benefit through implementation of an energy savings performance contract (ESPC).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles