Congress May Extend Energy Tax Credits
Extension of various tax credits relating to energy may come up in the US Congress in the coming weeks, according to a blog posting on the Advanced Energy Economy website, citing several sources on Capitol Hill.
The following tax credit provisions that expired at the end of 2013 are up for discussion:
-Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit (PTC; Section 45) with option to claim the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (ITC 48) instead. The PTC ended on January 1 without Congressional action.
-Replace the ITC (Section 48) placed-in-service qualifying deadline with a commence construction standard.
-Energy-Efficient Appliance Manufacturing Credit (45M).
Photo: Wind farm via Shutterstock
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide