Congress May Extend Energy Tax Credits
Extension of various tax credits relating to energy may come up in the US Congress in the coming weeks, according to a blog posting on the Advanced Energy Economy website, citing several sources on Capitol Hill.
The following tax credit provisions that expired at the end of 2013 are up for discussion:
-Renewable Electricity Production Tax Credit (PTC; Section 45) with option to claim the Business Energy Investment Tax Credit (ITC 48) instead. The PTC ended on January 1 without Congressional action.
-Replace the ITC (Section 48) placed-in-service qualifying deadline with a commence construction standard.
-Energy-Efficient Appliance Manufacturing Credit (45M).
Photo: Wind farm via Shutterstock
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR