Constellation Wins $25.8M Energy Efficiency Contract
Constellation has been awarded phase 2 of a contract from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to install $25.8 million in energy efficiency and water conservation measures. Under the terms of the contract, the upgrades are expected to save the Port Authority more than $27 million in operating costs over 20 years. The resulting savings will be used to fund the cost of the project, which is scheduled for completion in December 2016.
In 2012, Constellation was selected by a competitive request for proposals to provide $8.7 million in energy conservation measures for the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the Lincoln Tunnel.
Phase 2 of the project includes the installation of more than 5,000 exterior LED lighting fixtures at the George Washington Bridge, the Holland and Lincoln tunnel Roadways, the Goethals Bridge and the Outerbridge Crossing. Constellation will also make efficiency upgrades at the administration buildings for the tunnels and bridges including installing interior lights and building automation controls, replacing boilers and chillers, installing low-flow toilets and faucets, and implementing building envelope improvements such as caulking, weather stripping and new windows.
At the end of last year, the National Hockey League named Constellation as its official preferred energy provider. The company also secured a 25-year deal with the National Aquarium to fund, construct and operate a 4.3 MW grid-connected solar generation project in Cambridge, Md., developed with OneEnergy Renewables.
Constellation is accredited by the National Association of Energy Service Companies (NAESCO).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles