Constellation Builds 1 MW Solar Farm for California Town
Constellation is constructing a 976 kW DC solar generation project for the city of Palmdale, Calif., scheduled for completion in the summer of 2014.
Constellation is financing the project’s development and will own and operate the system, requiring no upfront capital from the city. Solar firm PsomasFMG worked with the city to develop the project. The system is expected to generate 1,800 MWh per year.
Palmdale will purchase the electricity generated by the system at a fixed-rate through a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation. The city estimates it will save more than $40,000 in electricity costs during the first year of the system’s operation.
Located on three sites, Palmdale’s Civic Center, DryTown Water Park and Marie Kerr Park, the arrays are comprised of about 3,200 PV panels located on shade structures, which were designed to blend with the look and feel of the city’s surroundings.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Combined Heat and Power
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement