Constellation Builds 1 MW Solar Farm for California Town
Constellation is constructing a 976 kW DC solar generation project for the city of Palmdale, Calif., scheduled for completion in the summer of 2014.
Constellation is financing the project’s development and will own and operate the system, requiring no upfront capital from the city. Solar firm PsomasFMG worked with the city to develop the project. The system is expected to generate 1,800 MWh per year.
Palmdale will purchase the electricity generated by the system at a fixed-rate through a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation. The city estimates it will save more than $40,000 in electricity costs during the first year of the system’s operation.
Located on three sites, Palmdale’s Civic Center, DryTown Water Park and Marie Kerr Park, the arrays are comprised of about 3,200 PV panels located on shade structures, which were designed to blend with the look and feel of the city’s surroundings.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement