Constellation Builds 1 MW Solar Farm for California Town
Constellation is constructing a 976 kW DC solar generation project for the city of Palmdale, Calif., scheduled for completion in the summer of 2014.
Constellation is financing the project’s development and will own and operate the system, requiring no upfront capital from the city. Solar firm PsomasFMG worked with the city to develop the project. The system is expected to generate 1,800 MWh per year.
Palmdale will purchase the electricity generated by the system at a fixed-rate through a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation. The city estimates it will save more than $40,000 in electricity costs during the first year of the system’s operation.
Located on three sites, Palmdale’s Civic Center, DryTown Water Park and Marie Kerr Park, the arrays are comprised of about 3,200 PV panels located on shade structures, which were designed to blend with the look and feel of the city’s surroundings.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity