Constellation Builds 1 MW Solar Farm for California Town
Constellation is constructing a 976 kW DC solar generation project for the city of Palmdale, Calif., scheduled for completion in the summer of 2014.
Constellation is financing the project’s development and will own and operate the system, requiring no upfront capital from the city. Solar firm PsomasFMG worked with the city to develop the project. The system is expected to generate 1,800 MWh per year.
Palmdale will purchase the electricity generated by the system at a fixed-rate through a 20-year power purchase agreement with Constellation. The city estimates it will save more than $40,000 in electricity costs during the first year of the system’s operation.
Located on three sites, Palmdale’s Civic Center, DryTown Water Park and Marie Kerr Park, the arrays are comprised of about 3,200 PV panels located on shade structures, which were designed to blend with the look and feel of the city’s surroundings.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management