Constellation Deploys Solar for Baltimore Ravens
Constellation will construct a 375 kW (DC) solar system for the Baltimore Ravens at the team’s headquarters and training facility in Owings Mills, Maryland. Constellation provides energy services to the team and is the Official Energy Services Sponsor of the Baltimore Ravens.
Constellation will own and operate the solar power system, while the Ravens will purchase the electricity generated by the solar panels from Constellation under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
The solar system will be located at the Under Armour Performance Center, the team’s 200,000-sq-foot training facility. The system will consist of about 1,210 photovoltaic panels and is expected to generate about 460,000 kWh per year, amounting to 15 percent of the team headquarters’ electricity needs.
The team previously worked with Constellation to match the electricity used during “Green Games” through the purchase of certified wind renewable energy certificates (RECs).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection