Constellation Installs Solar, EV Charging for Community College
The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) hired Constellation to install a 5.1 MW (DC) solar generation project. The solar power system, spread among the college’s three main campuses in Dundalk, Essex and Catonsville, in Maryland is expected to generate enough electricity to meet about 27 percent of the college’s electricity needs. Constellation will also install 10 duplex electric vehicle charging stations as part of the project.
The solar system is composed of about 16,500 photovoltaic panels located on carports across the campuses and will cover more than 1,400 parking spaces. The system is expected to generate about 6.5 million kWh per year.
Constellation will own and operate the CCBC solar power systems. CCBC will purchase the electricity generated by the solar panels from Constellation under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management