Constellation Launches Web Service Application for Automated Load Response
The application allows a facility’s existing automation system to manage load curtailment automatically based upon energy market signals and pre-set scenarios, without installing redundant or proprietary building controls hardware.
Constellation, a business unit of Exelon, says by reducing the upfront cost associated with load response automation, VirtuWatt Link enables a broader range of facility types and sizes to participate in a wider array of energy market programs.
VirtuWatt Link is an extension of Constellation’s VirtuWatt energy management platform (pictured), which allows commercial and industrial customers to monitor energy usage in real time and schedule load curtailments for load response programs.
Companies including Trane and Vedero Software have already partnered with Constellation to implement VirtuWatt Link, according to Constellation.
During the beta release, Trane, which provides energy efficiency HVAC systems, building and contracting services, created a VirtuWatt Link adapter for its Tracer and TIS platforms. It’s now live and supporting load response programs at Trane’s Texas facilities.
Automated demand response services provider Vedero Software has also integrated VirtuWatt with its cloud-based energy and load management platform.
VirtuWatt Link provides load response and security services including authentication access control, ISO event dispatch notification and acknowledgement and utility meter usage data. The product can be integrated to any energy management or controls system that utilizes web services, Constellation says. Its architecture is designed to handle demand response market signals and energy data from utilities and independent system operators, and is built to accommodate developing demand response protocol standards, such as OpenADR 2.0.
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement