Constellation Offers Competitive Electricity in Delmarva Power Service Area
Competitive energy retailer Constellation, a subsidiary of Exelon, on August 3 announced the launch of its residential electricity supply plans for the Delmarva Power service territory under Delaware’s electricity supply choice program.
Delmarva, also a subsidiary of Exelon, delivers electric service to more than 515,000 customers in Delaware and along the Eastern Shore of Maryland; and natural gas to 130,000 customers in northern Delaware.
Constellation is offering residential customers a choice of fixed-rate electricity supply plans – among them:
- A 24-month plan at 8.29 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) with a $50 gift card,
- A 12-month plan at 8.49 cents/kWh with a $25 gift card, and
- A 12-month green energy plan backed by renewable energy certificates at 8.69 cents/whit a $25 gift card.
Customers are advised to review their electricity bills to determine their individual savings opportunities. Only new residential customer successful enrollments are eligible for gift cards.
“Constellation is pleased to offer Delaware residents competitive electricity solutions that will help them manage one of their largest household budget expenses,” said Kevin Klages, senior vice president, Mass Markets, Constellation. “By shopping with Constellation, residents in the Delmarva service territory can lock in a competitive rate to better budget their energy costs.”
Constellation does not charge a sign-up or enrollment fee, and provides customers with online and telephone sign-up options.
Retail electric choice provides customers the opportunity to customize their energy plans. Consumers can choose plans that provide the best combination of price, rate protection, and renewable energy options to meet their needs. Under Delaware law, customers are free to switch to a competitive electricity supplier with no impact on their utility service reliability.
Consumers who choose to buy electricity through Constellation will see the new Constellation electric supply price replace the existing supply charges on their monthly Delmarva Power utility bill. In addition to billing, Delmarva Power will continue to respond to all service inquiries, including queries about outages.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards