Constellation Pairs VirtuWatt Link with Novar Energy Management
Constellation’s VirtuWatt Link web services application is now available with the Opus Building Automation System (BAS) by Novar, a Honeywell business unit.
The combined solution gives big-box retailers the ability to automate and expand load response participation across multiple sites and regions through real-time electricity pricing, centralized management of building control systems and revenue-grade metering capabilities for programs requiring quick response times.
Novar retail customers who participate in Constellation load response programs also have the option of applying the revenue they earn for controls and metering upgrades at additional locations.
Constellation’s VirtuWatt Link web service facilitates automated load response participation by connecting with a building’s existing controls infrastructure. The application provides access to real-time price signals and grid information, load response event notification and meter usage data. Together with Novar’s Opus BAS and meter, VirtuWatt Link allows retailers to achieve the response times and level of automation performance necessary to participate in capacity, energy or quick-response economic load response programs nationwide.
Novar’s Opus BAS helps national account operators with hundreds or thousands of facilities by providing a way of monitoring, controlling and managing how energy is consumed across their portfolio of sites – whether they are self-managing from their own corporate headquarters, or engaging Novar to manage them from the Novar Operations Center.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management