Constellation Performs Energy Upgrades at Courthouse
Montgomery County, Pa., hired Constellation for $2.4 million in water and energy conservation measures at the Montgomery County Courthouse. The conservation measures are guaranteed to provide about $4.2 million in cost savings through a 20-year energy savings performance contract (ESPC) with Constellation. Montgomery County is expected to see a return on its investment in less than 12 years.
The conservation measures installed by Constellation will include: building automation controls upgrades; low-flow toilets and faucets; duct sealing and cleaning; chilled water system optimization; building envelopment improvements such as caulking and weather stripping; and energy-efficient exterior lighting.
Work is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash