Constellation Sponsors Electricity Exhibit at Museum
The Maryland Science Center worked with Constellation to create the center’s newest permanent exhibit, Power Up! The $1.8 million exhibit, sponsored by Constellation and parent company Exelon, gives visitors an interactive look at the science of electricity.
The 4,000-sq-foot, multi-lingual (English, Spanish and Braille) exhibit features more than 12 interactive stations that allow visitors to participate in the process of generating, measuring, monitoring and distributing electricity. In addition to the science of electricity generation, Power Up! allows visitors to explore renewable energy resources, energy conservation and energy career choices.
Exhibit activities include: powering household items at a “human-generator” station, simulating how to manage Baltimore’s electricity load during times of peak use, harnessing the power of hydro-electricity and producing the energy needed to power fluorescent, LED and incandescent light bulbs. Power Up! challenges visitors to build circuits, wire the grid from power plant to home outlet and explore new fuels.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection