Constellation Sponsors Electricity Exhibit at Museum
The Maryland Science Center worked with Constellation to create the center’s newest permanent exhibit, Power Up! The $1.8 million exhibit, sponsored by Constellation and parent company Exelon, gives visitors an interactive look at the science of electricity.
The 4,000-sq-foot, multi-lingual (English, Spanish and Braille) exhibit features more than 12 interactive stations that allow visitors to participate in the process of generating, measuring, monitoring and distributing electricity. In addition to the science of electricity generation, Power Up! allows visitors to explore renewable energy resources, energy conservation and energy career choices.
Exhibit activities include: powering household items at a “human-generator” station, simulating how to manage Baltimore’s electricity load during times of peak use, harnessing the power of hydro-electricity and producing the energy needed to power fluorescent, LED and incandescent light bulbs. Power Up! challenges visitors to build circuits, wire the grid from power plant to home outlet and explore new fuels.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement