Constellation,Telkonet Target Hotels
Telkonet and Constellation have partnered to target hospitality customers with energy conservation products.
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management will be provided to hospitality customers nationwide through Constellation’s “Efficiency Made Easy” program, which bundles a multi-year electricity agreement with energy conservation measures, including the EcoSmart energy management solution. The cost of efficiency upgrades is included in the price of electricity in competitive markets over the length of the agreement. At the end of the agreement, customers retain the full benefits of EcoSmart energy management.
To date, Telkonet has completed projects at six hotels with Constellation, comprising 1,073 rooms, including three Hilton hotels announced in November 2012.
Through Efficiency Made Easy, Constellation customers can implement technology such as Telkonet’s EcoSmart to better manage energy use – without a large up-front capital investment. Telkonet will provide turnkey energy efficiency solutions that include a fully networked EcoSmart energy management system to control HVAC units, lights and plug loads, the largest consumers of energy in hotel rooms. To maximize impact, EcoSmart also enables participation in demand response events through Telkonet’s cloud-based EcoCentral dashboard.
Constellation also has a load response program to monetize investments in energy efficiency. The program allows facilities with EcoSmart energy management to participate in load shed events for financial gain, without compromising room comfort. The three Chicago area Hilton Hotels, which implemented lighting efficiency and conservation measures as part of an electricity supply contract with Constellation and energy management systems via Telkonet were able to achieve additional energy cost savings through gas supply purchases and participation in demand response programs with Constellation.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash