Constellation,Telkonet Target Hotels
Telkonet and Constellation have partnered to target hospitality customers with energy conservation products.
Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management will be provided to hospitality customers nationwide through Constellation’s “Efficiency Made Easy” program, which bundles a multi-year electricity agreement with energy conservation measures, including the EcoSmart energy management solution. The cost of efficiency upgrades is included in the price of electricity in competitive markets over the length of the agreement. At the end of the agreement, customers retain the full benefits of EcoSmart energy management.
To date, Telkonet has completed projects at six hotels with Constellation, comprising 1,073 rooms, including three Hilton hotels announced in November 2012.
Through Efficiency Made Easy, Constellation customers can implement technology such as Telkonet’s EcoSmart to better manage energy use – without a large up-front capital investment. Telkonet will provide turnkey energy efficiency solutions that include a fully networked EcoSmart energy management system to control HVAC units, lights and plug loads, the largest consumers of energy in hotel rooms. To maximize impact, EcoSmart also enables participation in demand response events through Telkonet’s cloud-based EcoCentral dashboard.
Constellation also has a load response program to monetize investments in energy efficiency. The program allows facilities with EcoSmart energy management to participate in load shed events for financial gain, without compromising room comfort. The three Chicago area Hilton Hotels, which implemented lighting efficiency and conservation measures as part of an electricity supply contract with Constellation and energy management systems via Telkonet were able to achieve additional energy cost savings through gas supply purchases and participation in demand response programs with Constellation.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers