Construction Delays in South Carolina
Construction of five energy efficient schools in Horry County, NC, is being delayed, according to MyHorryNews.
Contracts were awarded last November, with a completion date of May 1, 2017. First Floor Energy Positive, the builder, has encountered “a series of roadblocks,” the story says. The price tag also has risen from $220,599,769 to $240,349,769. No final plans for the schools have been approved by the South Carolina Department of Education’s Office of School Facilities. The story says that First Floor is in the process of getting approvals for clearing the land at the five sites. Its president maintains that the schools will be ready by August 2017.
The most advanced smart buildings are in the retail, process manufacturing and construction sectors, according to IDC. The analysts’ findings originally were reported in EnergyEfficiencyMarkets.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy