‘Pico’ Solar Sales to Hit $2.4B by 2024
Worldwide unit sales of solar home systems and 10W-or-below solar systems – sometimes known as “pico” systems – will grow from 8.2 million annually in 2014 to 64.3 million in 2024, according to a report from Navigant Research.
The market’s sales value will rise from $550.5 million in 2014 to $2.4 billion in 2024, according to Solar Photovoltaic Consumer Products.
Although the majority of solar consumer product activity, for now, is in the developing world, similar products are emerging in the developed world, in the form of solar PV generators and kits. Today consumers have access to a growing number of portable solar products that can charge a wide variety of alternating current and direct current devices simultaneously, according to the report.
The industry for these products is relatively immature, though a number of companies are positioned for growth as their products reach the shelves of major retail outlets in the coming year. For example Grape Solar, one of the most active companies in the US market, sells its solar kit via Home Depot, Sam’s Club, and other retailers that have tens of thousands of retail outlets across the country, the report says.
North America and Europe will lead the annual global solar PV generator and kit market. Revenue in this market is forecast to grow from $12.3 million in 2014 to $215.0 million in 2024, the report says.
In April, Ensupra Solar announced that its do-it-yourself PluggedSolar kits have been installed at 100 homes across the United States and are now being distributed by individual resellers in Mexico.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management