Container Manufacturer Gets Energy Star Certifications
The North American division of the Ardagh Group, a producer of glass containers for the food and beverage industry, said that it has won four Energy Star plant certifications.
The company says that the facilities in Bridgeton, NJ; Dunkirk, IN; Madera, CA and Milford, MA have been awarded the best in class designation by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which runs the Energy Star Program.
The company claims that it is the only glass container manufacturer in the United States to win the designation. The facilities on average perform within the top 25 percent in energy efficiency when measure against similar plants across the country, the company said in a press release.
In late March, the EPA awarded Energy Star certification to 149 organizations in 35 states. Ninety-three organizations were given Sustained Excellence honors, 47 partner of the year, six climate communications and three recommendation for outstand performance.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management