Contract Wins: CalState and EnerNOC, Hollysys, Noresco
California State University San Marcos has expanded its deployment of EnerNOC’s EfficiencySMART Insight software across its entire campus. The university has been an EnerNOC customer since 2008. The expansion is partly funded by San Diego Gas & Electric, whose ongoing partnership with Cal State and EnerNOC has allowed the university to secure 160 percent of expected energy incentives. SDG&E’s program offers incentives to universities that couple building commissioning with real-time energy monitoring.
China’s Hollysys Automation Technologies has signed a series of contracts to provide its energy management system to several domestic chemical enterprises including COFCO Biochemical (Zhaodong) Energy, Henan Jinkai Group Yanhua Chemical, Junma Chemical Co, Jiheng Group and Henan Tianguan Biological Engineering Company. Hollysys estimates that its EMS can reduce plant energy costs by 1 to 3 percent.
A New York-based contractor has selected Sustainable Energy Technologies’ Bidirex energy storage inverter for a US Army contract to demonstrate a new intelligent scalable micro-grid solution. The identity of the contractor is not disclosed due to confidentiality obligations and for competitive reasons. Sustainable Energy designs and manufactures advanced power electronics for distributed smart grid and micro-grid applications. Its bi-directional low voltage energy storage inverter directly connects low voltage batteries to smart grids and micro-grids with high round trip (battery charging and discharging) efficiencies.
The Southington, Conn., Town Council has approved a recommendation to hire Noresco for energy efficiency updates on town-owned buildings. Noresco will conduct an audit of the buildings and suggest energy-saving changes. Reimbursement to the energy services company will come through the town’s guaranteed energy savings. Noresco also will assist with any maintenance associated with the upgrades, the Record-Journal said.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies