Contract Wins: CalState and EnerNOC, Hollysys, Noresco
California State University San Marcos has expanded its deployment of EnerNOC’s EfficiencySMART Insight software across its entire campus. The university has been an EnerNOC customer since 2008. The expansion is partly funded by San Diego Gas & Electric, whose ongoing partnership with Cal State and EnerNOC has allowed the university to secure 160 percent of expected energy incentives. SDG&E’s program offers incentives to universities that couple building commissioning with real-time energy monitoring.
China’s Hollysys Automation Technologies has signed a series of contracts to provide its energy management system to several domestic chemical enterprises including COFCO Biochemical (Zhaodong) Energy, Henan Jinkai Group Yanhua Chemical, Junma Chemical Co, Jiheng Group and Henan Tianguan Biological Engineering Company. Hollysys estimates that its EMS can reduce plant energy costs by 1 to 3 percent.
A New York-based contractor has selected Sustainable Energy Technologies’ Bidirex energy storage inverter for a US Army contract to demonstrate a new intelligent scalable micro-grid solution. The identity of the contractor is not disclosed due to confidentiality obligations and for competitive reasons. Sustainable Energy designs and manufactures advanced power electronics for distributed smart grid and micro-grid applications. Its bi-directional low voltage energy storage inverter directly connects low voltage batteries to smart grids and micro-grids with high round trip (battery charging and discharging) efficiencies.
The Southington, Conn., Town Council has approved a recommendation to hire Noresco for energy efficiency updates on town-owned buildings. Noresco will conduct an audit of the buildings and suggest energy-saving changes. Reimbursement to the energy services company will come through the town’s guaranteed energy savings. Noresco also will assist with any maintenance associated with the upgrades, the Record-Journal said.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room