Contract Wins: CalState and EnerNOC, Hollysys, Noresco
California State University San Marcos has expanded its deployment of EnerNOC’s EfficiencySMART Insight software across its entire campus. The university has been an EnerNOC customer since 2008. The expansion is partly funded by San Diego Gas & Electric, whose ongoing partnership with Cal State and EnerNOC has allowed the university to secure 160 percent of expected energy incentives. SDG&E’s program offers incentives to universities that couple building commissioning with real-time energy monitoring.
China’s Hollysys Automation Technologies has signed a series of contracts to provide its energy management system to several domestic chemical enterprises including COFCO Biochemical (Zhaodong) Energy, Henan Jinkai Group Yanhua Chemical, Junma Chemical Co, Jiheng Group and Henan Tianguan Biological Engineering Company. Hollysys estimates that its EMS can reduce plant energy costs by 1 to 3 percent.
A New York-based contractor has selected Sustainable Energy Technologies’ Bidirex energy storage inverter for a US Army contract to demonstrate a new intelligent scalable micro-grid solution. The identity of the contractor is not disclosed due to confidentiality obligations and for competitive reasons. Sustainable Energy designs and manufactures advanced power electronics for distributed smart grid and micro-grid applications. Its bi-directional low voltage energy storage inverter directly connects low voltage batteries to smart grids and micro-grids with high round trip (battery charging and discharging) efficiencies.
The Southington, Conn., Town Council has approved a recommendation to hire Noresco for energy efficiency updates on town-owned buildings. Noresco will conduct an audit of the buildings and suggest energy-saving changes. Reimbursement to the energy services company will come through the town’s guaranteed energy savings. Noresco also will assist with any maintenance associated with the upgrades, the Record-Journal said.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management