Contracts: Combined Heat & Power; Energy Storage
Cogeneration company ENER-G has inked a deal with Rudox Engine & Equipment Company to design, develop, manufacture and install combined heat and power (CHP) systems from Rudox’s production facility in Carlstadt, N.J.
ENER-G group has invested in a 75 percent holding in Rudox, with existing Rudox owners, the Goodman family, retaining a 25 percent stake in the ENER-G Rudox company.
Ryan Goodman, president of cogeneration for ENER-G Rudox, says the new company will provide cogeneration systems from 70 kW to 10 MW.
ENER-G, which is headquartered in the UK, entered the USA market in 2011. The company has commissioned a 2,454 MWh CHP system at St. Peter’s University in New Jersey.
ENER-G and Rudox have a combined revenue of about $200 million and a global portfolio of 603 MW operational cogeneration systems, according to the companies. In total, this CHP capacity achieves annual carbon dioxide savings of 377,546 tons.
In other contact news, Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business has awarded a contract to Primus Power to deliver and support an electrical energy storage system for a microgrid at the Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) in Miramar, Calif.
Primus will work closely with Raytheon as part of the Zinc Bromide Flow Battery Installation for Islanding and Backup Power project funded by the Department of Defense Environmental Security Technology Certification Program.
At MCAS Miramar, Primus will integrate its Primus Power 250 kW – 1 MWh Primus EnergyPod with an existing 230 kW photovoltaic system. EnergyPods use zinc-flow battery technology for megawatt-scale energy storage.
The combined microgrid system, which will be installed in mid-2014, will reduce peak electrical demand typically experienced in weekday afternoons and provide power to critical military systems when grid power is not available.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers