Contracts: Combined Heat & Power; Energy Storage
Cogeneration company ENER-G has inked a deal with Rudox Engine & Equipment Company to design, develop, manufacture and install combined heat and power (CHP) systems from Rudox’s production facility in Carlstadt, N.J.
ENER-G group has invested in a 75 percent holding in Rudox, with existing Rudox owners, the Goodman family, retaining a 25 percent stake in the ENER-G Rudox company.
Ryan Goodman, president of cogeneration for ENER-G Rudox, says the new company will provide cogeneration systems from 70 kW to 10 MW.
ENER-G, which is headquartered in the UK, entered the USA market in 2011. The company has commissioned a 2,454 MWh CHP system at St. Peter’s University in New Jersey.
ENER-G and Rudox have a combined revenue of about $200 million and a global portfolio of 603 MW operational cogeneration systems, according to the companies. In total, this CHP capacity achieves annual carbon dioxide savings of 377,546 tons.
In other contact news, Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business has awarded a contract to Primus Power to deliver and support an electrical energy storage system for a microgrid at the Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) in Miramar, Calif.
Primus will work closely with Raytheon as part of the Zinc Bromide Flow Battery Installation for Islanding and Backup Power project funded by the Department of Defense Environmental Security Technology Certification Program.
At MCAS Miramar, Primus will integrate its Primus Power 250 kW – 1 MWh Primus EnergyPod with an existing 230 kW photovoltaic system. EnergyPods use zinc-flow battery technology for megawatt-scale energy storage.
The combined microgrid system, which will be installed in mid-2014, will reduce peak electrical demand typically experienced in weekday afternoons and provide power to critical military systems when grid power is not available.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing