Contracts: Combined Heat & Power; Energy Storage
Cogeneration company ENER-G has inked a deal with Rudox Engine & Equipment Company to design, develop, manufacture and install combined heat and power (CHP) systems from Rudox’s production facility in Carlstadt, N.J.
ENER-G group has invested in a 75 percent holding in Rudox, with existing Rudox owners, the Goodman family, retaining a 25 percent stake in the ENER-G Rudox company.
Ryan Goodman, president of cogeneration for ENER-G Rudox, says the new company will provide cogeneration systems from 70 kW to 10 MW.
ENER-G, which is headquartered in the UK, entered the USA market in 2011. The company has commissioned a 2,454 MWh CHP system at St. Peter’s University in New Jersey.
ENER-G and Rudox have a combined revenue of about $200 million and a global portfolio of 603 MW operational cogeneration systems, according to the companies. In total, this CHP capacity achieves annual carbon dioxide savings of 377,546 tons.
In other contact news, Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems business has awarded a contract to Primus Power to deliver and support an electrical energy storage system for a microgrid at the Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) in Miramar, Calif.
Primus will work closely with Raytheon as part of the Zinc Bromide Flow Battery Installation for Islanding and Backup Power project funded by the Department of Defense Environmental Security Technology Certification Program.
At MCAS Miramar, Primus will integrate its Primus Power 250 kW – 1 MWh Primus EnergyPod with an existing 230 kW photovoltaic system. EnergyPods use zinc-flow battery technology for megawatt-scale energy storage.
The combined microgrid system, which will be installed in mid-2014, will reduce peak electrical demand typically experienced in weekday afternoons and provide power to critical military systems when grid power is not available.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management