Controller Helps Charge Batteries for Off-grid Solar Projects
Blue Sky Energy released its solar charge controller, the Solar Boost 3000i, which allows for a range of batteries to be charged using conventional solar modules without suffering power losses from voltage mismatch.
Using Blue Sky Energy’s patented MPPT technology, the SB3000i increases charge current up to 30 percent or more compared to conventional controllers, saving off-grid solar users on space and system costs, according to the company.
The SB3000i is targeted for marine, lighting, security, and mobile applications.
Blue Sky Energy’s SB3000i has a built-in digital display providing for both monitoring and in-depth system setup. The SB3000i will be available in August from wholesale distributors including Cascade Mountain, SunWize, Hitney Solar, the Alternative Energy Store, and AEE Solar.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts