Controller Helps Charge Batteries for Off-grid Solar Projects
Blue Sky Energy released its solar charge controller, the Solar Boost 3000i, which allows for a range of batteries to be charged using conventional solar modules without suffering power losses from voltage mismatch.
Using Blue Sky Energy’s patented MPPT technology, the SB3000i increases charge current up to 30 percent or more compared to conventional controllers, saving off-grid solar users on space and system costs, according to the company.
The SB3000i is targeted for marine, lighting, security, and mobile applications.
Blue Sky Energy’s SB3000i has a built-in digital display providing for both monitoring and in-depth system setup. The SB3000i will be available in August from wholesale distributors including Cascade Mountain, SunWize, Hitney Solar, the Alternative Energy Store, and AEE Solar.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards