Controller Helps Charge Batteries for Off-grid Solar Projects
Blue Sky Energy released its solar charge controller, the Solar Boost 3000i, which allows for a range of batteries to be charged using conventional solar modules without suffering power losses from voltage mismatch.
Using Blue Sky Energy’s patented MPPT technology, the SB3000i increases charge current up to 30 percent or more compared to conventional controllers, saving off-grid solar users on space and system costs, according to the company.
The SB3000i is targeted for marine, lighting, security, and mobile applications.
Blue Sky Energy’s SB3000i has a built-in digital display providing for both monitoring and in-depth system setup. The SB3000i will be available in August from wholesale distributors including Cascade Mountain, SunWize, Hitney Solar, the Alternative Energy Store, and AEE Solar.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies