Controlling Air Conditioners
The Nature Remo, from Nature, Inc., is a control system that provides window-mounted and through-wall air conditioners with smart attributes.
The company says that it is an Internet of Things (IoT)-controlled device that enables remote control of units. The device facilitates increased energy efficiency along and provides additional benefits.
A power plug feature will be introduced later this year. That, according to the press release, will enable the unit to be used without a remote. The press release says that room air conditioners have been measured as accounting for as much as 15 percent of peak electricity demands in New York City and Tokyo.
Last year, the Department of Energy issues a pre-publication final rule regarding energy conservation standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs) and Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHPs).
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds