Controlling Air Conditioners
The Nature Remo, from Nature, Inc., is a control system that provides window-mounted and through-wall air conditioners with smart attributes.
The company says that it is an Internet of Things (IoT)-controlled device that enables remote control of units. The device facilitates increased energy efficiency along and provides additional benefits.
A power plug feature will be introduced later this year. That, according to the press release, will enable the unit to be used without a remote. The press release says that room air conditioners have been measured as accounting for as much as 15 percent of peak electricity demands in New York City and Tokyo.
Last year, the Department of Energy issues a pre-publication final rule regarding energy conservation standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs) and Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHPs).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year