Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
The Pennsylvania Convention Center completed three LED lighting projects and received $60,000 in PECO Smart Ideas rebates.
During the past two years, the convention center has replaced lighting throughout the facility and in the adjacent 12th Street tunnel with energy-efficient LED lighting. This new lighting will save about 607,000 kWh annually.
PECO Smart Ideas, a suite of energy efficiency programs, is part of PECO’s support of Pennsylvania’s energy efficiency and demand response targets – Act 129, which required all Pennsylvania electric utilities to develop programs to help customers reduce energy use by 1 percent by May 31, 2011, 3 percent by May 31, 2013, and an additional 2.9 percent by May 31, 2016.
Small and large businesses, government agencies, nonprofits and institutions are all eligible for incentives from PECO for energy-efficient design, improvements and equipment upgrades such as lighting, HVAC, refrigeration and custom systems.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles