Coolerado Launches Efficient Air Conditioning Unit
Coolerado launched its M50 Downflow air conditioning unit that it says can reduce electricity consumption by at least 40 percent during peak demand hours while meeting strict air ventilation standards.
The unit delivers an energy efficiency ratio (EER) above 40 when used as a stand-alone product. The ratio is above 21 when combined with DX roof top units (RTU).
The M50 Downflow can meet the cooling demands of a building by itself or can be installed to help RTUs during the first stage of cooling. It can bring fresh air into the building while meeting ventilation rates required by ASHRAE standard 62.1 for acceptable indoor air quality. The air conditioners can also obtain LEED points on a project.
The modular design allows easier increased cooling capacity as demand grows in size or density, according to the company.
The unit is ready for installation on custom commercial roof curbs and unit comes with a factory-installed insulated plenum and a galvanized stainless steel skirt for connection to the roof curb. The M50 Downflow unit offers access to the air filters, motor assembly and controls for preventive maintenance.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide