Coolerado Launches Efficient Air Conditioning Unit
Coolerado launched its M50 Downflow air conditioning unit that it says can reduce electricity consumption by at least 40 percent during peak demand hours while meeting strict air ventilation standards.
The unit delivers an energy efficiency ratio (EER) above 40 when used as a stand-alone product. The ratio is above 21 when combined with DX roof top units (RTU).
The M50 Downflow can meet the cooling demands of a building by itself or can be installed to help RTUs during the first stage of cooling. It can bring fresh air into the building while meeting ventilation rates required by ASHRAE standard 62.1 for acceptable indoor air quality. The air conditioners can also obtain LEED points on a project.
The modular design allows easier increased cooling capacity as demand grows in size or density, according to the company.
The unit is ready for installation on custom commercial roof curbs and unit comes with a factory-installed insulated plenum and a galvanized stainless steel skirt for connection to the roof curb. The M50 Downflow unit offers access to the air filters, motor assembly and controls for preventive maintenance.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management