Cooling Has Role in Building Energy
But the cooling industry can play a major role in improving building energy. As suggested, using ground source heat pumps to manage heating and cooling during a year would link buildings that need heat with those that have cooling.
“The main challenge is to galvanize our industry to take on these opportunities, and to shout louder than some of the other noisy lobby groups to convince government we have some of the solutions to reducing buildings’ energy,” wrote Editor Andrew Gaved.
One of the overarching themes is that the retail contractors’ margins are becoming too low to be sustainable. Perhaps more than any other time for decades, the supply chain needs to pull together to meet the demands of a reduced emissions, reduced energy future, he concluded.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software