Cornell Converts 10 Sports Facilities to LED
Cornell University selected Ephesus Lighting to install its LEDs at 12 indoor facilities, including 10 sports venues, at the school’s Ithaca, NY campus.
The project, commencing throughout the 2014-15 academic year, will require only 612 Ephesus LED fixtures to replace the 750+ metal halide fixtures currently in use. The conversion to the maintenance-free system is expected to reduce energy consumption by more than 70 percent.
Earlier this year, Cornell said it had implemented General Electric’s Proficy Mobile app in its facilities management, which was increasing energy savings and equipment uptime.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash