Cornell Uses GE App for Off-Hours Power Management
Cornell University implemented General Electric’s Proficy Mobile in its facilities management, which has provided 40 percent faster off-hours troubleshooting, increasing energy savings and equipment uptime, according to GE.
Cornell, located in Ithaca, NY, manages power, water, HVAC and electrical systems to operate its 260 campus buildings. The university features lake-source cooling systems in addition to steam and power generation.
Proficy Mobile delivers real-time actionable information from across these facilities systems, enhancing the university’s Proficy HMI/SCADA-iFIX for campus-wide monitoring and control. The Cornell facility management team emphasizes use of Proficy Mobile for off-hours troubleshooting of its complex systems and equipment, accessing information through eight standard Apple iPads. Decisions regarding equipment assets significantly impact efficiency and energy usage. With Proficy Mobile, the facilities team has Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) available anywhere, anytime.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management