Corpus Christi Approves Part Two of McKinstry Efficiency Project
The new phase, which was awarded by Corpus Christi City Council, will include the replacement of aging, inefficient and broken equipment at 76 city buildings.
Phase II will include:
- Upgrading lighting fixtures to improve energy efficiency and improve light quality;
- Installing water-efficient fixtures;
- Installing Internet-based control systems;
- Weatherization and building envelope improvements;
- Heating and air conditioning improvements at American Bank Center;
- Building automation improvements at American Bank Center, Selena Auditorium, Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas and Harbor Playhouse; and
- HVAC efficiency improvements at Frost Bank Building, Greenwood Library and Kaffie South Side Library.
McKinstry expects its Phase II work to save the City of Corpus Christi about $614,000 a year, in addition to the almost $700,000 in annual energy savings associated with Phase I of the plan.
When the project is complete, the City of Corpus Christi will have turned $1 million in federal funding into $14 million in local improvements without passing a single new tax or bond, McKinstry says.
In February, the city of Edina, Minn., surpassed a $50,000 energy savings target set as part of the first year of a McKinstry-implemented efficiency program by almost $2,000. Changes made to those city buildings reduced energy consumption by 7.5 percent year-on-year.
In August, The Advance School District in Advance, Mo., hired McKinstry for a series of energy efficiency upgrades across all schools in the district. McKinstry helped the district secure funding for the project through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources for a lighting retrofit that is expected to save the district nearly $13,000 a year on its utility bill. Lights were replaced in all classrooms, the library, hallways, the gymnasium and the exterior.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation