Corpus Christi Approves Part Two of McKinstry Efficiency Project
The new phase, which was awarded by Corpus Christi City Council, will include the replacement of aging, inefficient and broken equipment at 76 city buildings.
Phase II will include:
- Upgrading lighting fixtures to improve energy efficiency and improve light quality;
- Installing water-efficient fixtures;
- Installing Internet-based control systems;
- Weatherization and building envelope improvements;
- Heating and air conditioning improvements at American Bank Center;
- Building automation improvements at American Bank Center, Selena Auditorium, Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas and Harbor Playhouse; and
- HVAC efficiency improvements at Frost Bank Building, Greenwood Library and Kaffie South Side Library.
McKinstry expects its Phase II work to save the City of Corpus Christi about $614,000 a year, in addition to the almost $700,000 in annual energy savings associated with Phase I of the plan.
When the project is complete, the City of Corpus Christi will have turned $1 million in federal funding into $14 million in local improvements without passing a single new tax or bond, McKinstry says.
In February, the city of Edina, Minn., surpassed a $50,000 energy savings target set as part of the first year of a McKinstry-implemented efficiency program by almost $2,000. Changes made to those city buildings reduced energy consumption by 7.5 percent year-on-year.
In August, The Advance School District in Advance, Mo., hired McKinstry for a series of energy efficiency upgrades across all schools in the district. McKinstry helped the district secure funding for the project through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources for a lighting retrofit that is expected to save the district nearly $13,000 a year on its utility bill. Lights were replaced in all classrooms, the library, hallways, the gymnasium and the exterior.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR