Costa Rican University Studies Health Effects of LEDs
ForceField Energy was awarded a contract with the Comptroller General’s Office of the Republic of Costa Rica to supply and install its SL3 LED streetlights in the government agency’s parking facility. In addition, ForceField Energy has formed a strategic alliance with the University of Costa Rica (UCR) to support a project to study the health benefits of LED lighting on professors and university employees as well as the impact on academic grades of students.
The contract with the Comptroller General of the Republic includes the purchase and installation of 25 100W SL3 LED streetlights in the parking facility of the government agency. The strategic alliance formed with the University of Costa Rica to support its demonstration project has already commenced, and ForceField Energy’s LED tubes and panels are replacing existing fluorescent tubes installed in three academic buildings at the university.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management