Could Energy Management Systems be Hacked?
The InsideIQ Building Automation Alliance, an international alliance of independent building automation contractors, formed a Cybersecurity Committee to promote best practices in cybersecurity of building automation systems (BAS).
Previously not considered vulnerable, these systems have typically had only minimal security in place, says the alliance. As a result, a BAS can be used by unauthorized people to gain access to an IT network.
InsideIQ is taking the initiative to ensure its members keep their customer’s facilities protected. Objectives of the Inside IQ Cybersecurity Committee include:
- Hold cybersecurity education webinars for InsideIQ members
- Host online wikis for customer and member cybersecurity education
- Build relationships with national and international cybersecurity experts
- Work with industry professionals to evaluate products in terms of cybersecurity
- Create a product evaluation process as it relates to cybersecurity
- Create a first-responder list of companies that can assist in the event of a breach
- Alert members to IT threats specific to control systems
- Launch a Cybersecurity section on the Inside IQ web board
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management