Could Energy Management Systems be Hacked?
The InsideIQ Building Automation Alliance, an international alliance of independent building automation contractors, formed a Cybersecurity Committee to promote best practices in cybersecurity of building automation systems (BAS).
Previously not considered vulnerable, these systems have typically had only minimal security in place, says the alliance. As a result, a BAS can be used by unauthorized people to gain access to an IT network.
InsideIQ is taking the initiative to ensure its members keep their customer’s facilities protected. Objectives of the Inside IQ Cybersecurity Committee include:
- Hold cybersecurity education webinars for InsideIQ members
- Host online wikis for customer and member cybersecurity education
- Build relationships with national and international cybersecurity experts
- Work with industry professionals to evaluate products in terms of cybersecurity
- Create a product evaluation process as it relates to cybersecurity
- Create a first-responder list of companies that can assist in the event of a breach
- Alert members to IT threats specific to control systems
- Launch a Cybersecurity section on the Inside IQ web board
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape