Could Energy Management Systems be Hacked?
The InsideIQ Building Automation Alliance, an international alliance of independent building automation contractors, formed a Cybersecurity Committee to promote best practices in cybersecurity of building automation systems (BAS).
Previously not considered vulnerable, these systems have typically had only minimal security in place, says the alliance. As a result, a BAS can be used by unauthorized people to gain access to an IT network.
InsideIQ is taking the initiative to ensure its members keep their customer’s facilities protected. Objectives of the Inside IQ Cybersecurity Committee include:
- Hold cybersecurity education webinars for InsideIQ members
- Host online wikis for customer and member cybersecurity education
- Build relationships with national and international cybersecurity experts
- Work with industry professionals to evaluate products in terms of cybersecurity
- Create a product evaluation process as it relates to cybersecurity
- Create a first-responder list of companies that can assist in the event of a breach
- Alert members to IT threats specific to control systems
- Launch a Cybersecurity section on the Inside IQ web board
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power