Cox Boosts Solar in Northeast
Cox Enterprises has completed solar projects in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for its Manheim and Cox Communications subsidiaries, respectively. The projects are part of Cox Conserves, the company’s national sustainability program.
The Manheim New England project in North Dighton, Mass., includes a 3 MW ground mount installation and 509 kW roof installation. The roof system provides 29 percent of the wholesale vehicle auction’s energy requirements. The 3 MW ground mount system is comprised of more than 10,000 solar panels and was created through a power purchase agreement with Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant. The energy produced goes directly to serve the community.
In Warwick, RI, Cox Communications completed a 181 kW solar roof installation at its headquarters and in Portsmouth RI, the company installed a 500 kW ground mount system at a telecommunications center. Through a power purchase agreement with National Grid, 100 percent of the energy generated will go to the grid.
In addition to the solar installations, Cox Communications has several energy efficiency initiatives throughout its Northeast Region operations in Connecticut, Rhode Island and Cleveland, including advanced lighting, boiler and HVAC control systems, and the use of Dyson airblades in the restrooms.
Cox Enterprises also has completed alternative energy projects in Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas. For example, at its Manheim, NJ, facility, Cox installed a 1.5 MW solar system on nearly 100,000 square feet of free-standing car canopies and on a roof.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape