Cox Boosts Solar in Northeast
Cox Enterprises has completed solar projects in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for its Manheim and Cox Communications subsidiaries, respectively. The projects are part of Cox Conserves, the company’s national sustainability program.
The Manheim New England project in North Dighton, Mass., includes a 3 MW ground mount installation and 509 kW roof installation. The roof system provides 29 percent of the wholesale vehicle auction’s energy requirements. The 3 MW ground mount system is comprised of more than 10,000 solar panels and was created through a power purchase agreement with Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant. The energy produced goes directly to serve the community.
In Warwick, RI, Cox Communications completed a 181 kW solar roof installation at its headquarters and in Portsmouth RI, the company installed a 500 kW ground mount system at a telecommunications center. Through a power purchase agreement with National Grid, 100 percent of the energy generated will go to the grid.
In addition to the solar installations, Cox Communications has several energy efficiency initiatives throughout its Northeast Region operations in Connecticut, Rhode Island and Cleveland, including advanced lighting, boiler and HVAC control systems, and the use of Dyson airblades in the restrooms.
Cox Enterprises also has completed alternative energy projects in Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas. For example, at its Manheim, NJ, facility, Cox installed a 1.5 MW solar system on nearly 100,000 square feet of free-standing car canopies and on a roof.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement