Cox Enterprises Awarded LEED Gold
The US Green Building Council awarded LEED Gold to Cox Enterprises for its 600,000-sq-foot facility, part of Cox Enterprises’ corporate campus in Sandy Springs, Ga.
Cox achieved LEED certification for implementing measurable strategies aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Energy and Water Conservation:
- A free-standing solar canopy produces 139 MWh of energy annually and provides shade for cars. This is one of Cox’s 26 alternative energy projects across the nation.
- Irrigation systems use captured nuisance groundwater stored in a 15,000 gallon underground cistern, eliminating the need for potable irrigation water.
- Low-flow faucets and toilets and waterless urinals are featured throughout the building.
- A high-efficiency HVAC system minimizes energy use during off-peak times.
- The buildings use energy-efficient flourescent fixtures, as well as occupancy sensors and lighting controls to adjust usage based on exterior lighting conditions.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management