Cox Enterprises Awarded LEED Gold
The US Green Building Council awarded LEED Gold to Cox Enterprises for its 600,000-sq-foot facility, part of Cox Enterprises’ corporate campus in Sandy Springs, Ga.
Cox achieved LEED certification for implementing measurable strategies aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Energy and Water Conservation:
- A free-standing solar canopy produces 139 MWh of energy annually and provides shade for cars. This is one of Cox’s 26 alternative energy projects across the nation.
- Irrigation systems use captured nuisance groundwater stored in a 15,000 gallon underground cistern, eliminating the need for potable irrigation water.
- Low-flow faucets and toilets and waterless urinals are featured throughout the building.
- A high-efficiency HVAC system minimizes energy use during off-peak times.
- The buildings use energy-efficient flourescent fixtures, as well as occupancy sensors and lighting controls to adjust usage based on exterior lighting conditions.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management