Cox Enterprises Awarded LEED Gold
The US Green Building Council awarded LEED Gold to Cox Enterprises for its 600,000-sq-foot facility, part of Cox Enterprises’ corporate campus in Sandy Springs, Ga.
Cox achieved LEED certification for implementing measurable strategies aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Energy and Water Conservation:
- A free-standing solar canopy produces 139 MWh of energy annually and provides shade for cars. This is one of Cox’s 26 alternative energy projects across the nation.
- Irrigation systems use captured nuisance groundwater stored in a 15,000 gallon underground cistern, eliminating the need for potable irrigation water.
- Low-flow faucets and toilets and waterless urinals are featured throughout the building.
- A high-efficiency HVAC system minimizes energy use during off-peak times.
- The buildings use energy-efficient flourescent fixtures, as well as occupancy sensors and lighting controls to adjust usage based on exterior lighting conditions.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement