Cox Enterprises Awarded LEED Gold
The US Green Building Council awarded LEED Gold to Cox Enterprises for its 600,000-sq-foot facility, part of Cox Enterprises’ corporate campus in Sandy Springs, Ga.
Cox achieved LEED certification for implementing measurable strategies aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Energy and Water Conservation:
- A free-standing solar canopy produces 139 MWh of energy annually and provides shade for cars. This is one of Cox’s 26 alternative energy projects across the nation.
- Irrigation systems use captured nuisance groundwater stored in a 15,000 gallon underground cistern, eliminating the need for potable irrigation water.
- Low-flow faucets and toilets and waterless urinals are featured throughout the building.
- A high-efficiency HVAC system minimizes energy use during off-peak times.
- The buildings use energy-efficient flourescent fixtures, as well as occupancy sensors and lighting controls to adjust usage based on exterior lighting conditions.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions