Craft Beer Brewer Offsets Electricity Cost with Solar
The Dark Horse Brewing Company in Marshall, Mich., installed a 40-kilowatt, 140-panel solar system, which “will completely offset the Brewery’s usage of electricity each year,” according to a spokesman for the company.
Dark Horse purchased the fixed standing metal roof mounting systems from Patriot Solar Group.
The brewer participates in the Green Breweries Project, along with other breweries including Heineken and Guinness. The Green Breweries Project originated at the University of Michigan and is focused on offering creativity with energy systems to help craft breweries enhance their sustainability.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers