Cree Designs LED Specifically for Parking Garages
Cree’s new VG Series parking garage luminaires are designed to deliver low-glare illumination by eliminating direct view of the LEDs via an optical system.
The company says the VG Series luminaires can deliver payback in less than two years calculated against metal halide and based on commercial usage of 24 hours per-day and the national average of $0.11 per kWh electric costs.
The VG Series delivers energy savings up to 73 percent compared to metal halide fixtures, says Cree.
The low-glare luminaire features a composite optical system combining an internal reflector and a precisely designed prismatic lens to even out the dark and light contrast in parking garages. The VG Series is designed with a mounting system for installation in most parking garages.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement