Cree Files Lawsuit Against Asian LED Supplier
Cree filed complaints with the US International Trade Commission (ITC) and the US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin against Feit Electric Company and its Asian supplier, Unity Opto Technology, to curb infringement on Cree’s patented technologies and to challenge Feit’s advertising claims that certain of its products meet Energy Star specifications.
The suits allege infringement of 10 patents related to LED lighting. In addition, Cree says it conducted a series of tests, which determined that certain of Feit’s bulbs that carry the Energy Star label fail critical performance requirements such as omnidirectional light distribution.
As part of the complaint, Cree is requesting that the ITC issue an order to exclude infringing and falsely advertised articles from entry into the United States.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data