Cree Invests $83M in Lextar
Cree is making an $83 million investment in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics, and the companies will enter into a supply agreement for sapphire-based LED chips. Upon closing of the investment, Cree will own about 13 percent of Lextar.
The companies say Lextar has established a strong technology position and customer base in the mid-power backlighting LED segment, while Cree has taken market share in the high-power LED component and lighting segment.
The agreement has been approved by the boards of directors of both companies and is targeted to close in Cree’s second quarter of fiscal year 2015, subject to the approval of Lextar’s shareholders and the Taiwan Investment Committee, and other customary closing conditions.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Combined Heat and Power