Cree LED Fits Halogen MR16 Sockets
Cree’s new MR16 Series LED lamps are designed for global compatibility with virtually all existing sockets of traditional 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps.
With a suggested retail price of $25, Cree MR16 TrueWhite LED lamps consume up to 83 percent less energy and are designed to meet Energy Star qualification to deliver a rapid payback of less than one year, compared to a 50-watt halogen MR16 lamp and based on usage of 12 hours per day and the national average of $0.13 per kWh electric costs.
The design delivers greater than 580 lumens in conjunction with a proprietary lens that eliminates the glare commonly associated with 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps, says Cree. The MR16 Series TrueWhite LED lamps are dimmable and available in 15-degree spot, 25-degree flood and 40-degree wide flood beam angles in a 1.97-inch, ANSI-compliant form factor, allowing them to fit into existing tracks for a one-for-one replacement.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement