Cree LED Fits Halogen MR16 Sockets
Cree’s new MR16 Series LED lamps are designed for global compatibility with virtually all existing sockets of traditional 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps.
With a suggested retail price of $25, Cree MR16 TrueWhite LED lamps consume up to 83 percent less energy and are designed to meet Energy Star qualification to deliver a rapid payback of less than one year, compared to a 50-watt halogen MR16 lamp and based on usage of 12 hours per day and the national average of $0.13 per kWh electric costs.
The design delivers greater than 580 lumens in conjunction with a proprietary lens that eliminates the glare commonly associated with 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps, says Cree. The MR16 Series TrueWhite LED lamps are dimmable and available in 15-degree spot, 25-degree flood and 40-degree wide flood beam angles in a 1.97-inch, ANSI-compliant form factor, allowing them to fit into existing tracks for a one-for-one replacement.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex