Cree LED Fits Halogen MR16 Sockets
Cree’s new MR16 Series LED lamps are designed for global compatibility with virtually all existing sockets of traditional 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps.
With a suggested retail price of $25, Cree MR16 TrueWhite LED lamps consume up to 83 percent less energy and are designed to meet Energy Star qualification to deliver a rapid payback of less than one year, compared to a 50-watt halogen MR16 lamp and based on usage of 12 hours per day and the national average of $0.13 per kWh electric costs.
The design delivers greater than 580 lumens in conjunction with a proprietary lens that eliminates the glare commonly associated with 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps, says Cree. The MR16 Series TrueWhite LED lamps are dimmable and available in 15-degree spot, 25-degree flood and 40-degree wide flood beam angles in a 1.97-inch, ANSI-compliant form factor, allowing them to fit into existing tracks for a one-for-one replacement.
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book