Cree Offers LED for Fluorescent Replacement
Cree says its LS Series linear LED is designed to replace the millions of fluorescent strip, wrap and industrial fixtures currently installed in North America.
The LED comes with multiple mounting options and lumen packages and can reduce energy consumption by more than 25 percent (calculated against a fluorescent two-lamp fixture – with lamp and ballast equal to 55 system watts – and based on typical commercial usage of 12 hours per day and $0.11 per kWh electric costs).
This week, the Department of Energy issued a pre-publication notice of proposed rulemaking regarding energy conservation standards for general service fluorescent lamps and incandescent reflector lamps. The tube-shaped fluorescent lamps covered by the ruling consume almost five percent of all national electricity consumption.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex